Applying to PRTS
PRTS accepts applications year-round. If interested, begin an online application for any of our degrees, certificates, or even to take one course; you will be prompted to fill out an initial form, after which you can submit the various components of your application. Our admissions staff will be in contact with you shortly.
- is subject to all the admission and registration regulations of the institution;
- is responsible to determine whether a current institution will accept credit earned at PRTS, if desired;
- must understand that falsification of any part of an application may result in cancellation of admission and/or registration at the institution;
- must send a $50.00 payment (either check or online payment) to the seminary as an admission fee. This will be applied as a credit towards tuition if the applicant is accepted.
- if transferring from another seminary, must include an official transcript of their current seminary work and a catalog from that institution.
Mail in Application
Alternatively, you may complete the application by mailing (or having sent) all documents to the seminary. You must submit:
- A general application form
- An academic reference (using this form)
- An ecclesiastical reference (using this form)
- Transcripts reflecting post-secondary education (mailed directly from the institution)
- All applicable application essays as detailed on the general application form
- Academic writing sample
- TOEFL scores sent directly to the seminary for all ESL applicants
- $50 application fee (pay online by clicking the “Pay Application Fee” tab)
Pay Application Fee
Options to pay your application fee:
- Mail a personal check of $50.00 USD to the seminary
(be sure to write “Application Fee” on the memo line)
- Call Mrs. Ann Dykema at 616-977-0599 (x135) with your credit card number (inform her this is for your application fee)
- Make an online payment. Complete the secure, encrypted form below after checking the box “I wish to pay my application fee online.”
Online Application Fee Payment
English as a Second Language
ESL students, in addition to the application form, are required to submit their TOEFL or IELTS score to verify their abilities in the English language. PRTS requires a score of 230 on the computer-based test, 90 on the Internet-based test, and 575 on the paper-based TOEFL. The IELTS equivalent required is 6.5. The PRTS reporting code is 0368.